Thursday, March 14, 2013

What to do with those Kindergarteners?!

For some art teachers, kindergarten classes can be amazing, scary, frustrating, messy and more! I just love my kindergarten classes and enjoy sharing the magic of art with the. Little do they know we are developing skills that will help them through the most important years of school - Elementary School!
So what do you do with the kindergarten kids? I have worked closely with the occupational therapists in my school over the years because their room is in the back of the art room. They would pass through and I would ask questions. Why is this kid holding the pencil in a crazy way? What  can we do to work on the fine motor development? Many things I did not know about, and was never taught or trained. The important developmental skills that children need for work in school can be practiced by making art!
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment