Thursday, March 21, 2013

Do I Need an iPad?

Doesn't everyone have an iPad these days? I just got my new iPad. My husband has had one for two years. Everyone seemed to have an iPad at the NAEA Conference in Fort Worth this month. Well, I guess I figured I was missing something and better find out what it was. Art rooms around the country have them for their students and classrooms everywhere are using them. Now I hope to learn what it will do for me and my teaching.
This month is March Reading Month in my school. I thought I would try out my new toy and at the same time reward those wonderful students that always finish required reading logs. Today we made claymation style videos. Kindergarten, first and second graders made little clay figures and we photographed in stop motion some kind of movement or action. I had my digital camera and second graders shot their own photos, while I worked with kindergarteners and first graders on the iPad. Instant videos from iMotion. I will have to download the digital photos in iMovie. Have to say that we all had a great time making the videos! Let's make MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment